A great Florida church needs a very comprehensive Florida church insurance policy. Statewide Insurance has developed partnerships with the top Florida church insurance companies available.
Think about it: the better the church, the more people the church attracts. The more people the church attracts, the higher probability there is for someone to get injured on the church grounds. Protect your church with a comprehensive Florida church insurance policy backed by a top Florida church insurance company.
WHAT COVERAGE IS TYPICALLY AVAILABLE ON A FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE POLICY?
- Commercial property which covers loss to the any buildings on the premises as well as the contents that are kept on the premises.
- Commercial general liability which covers bodily injury or property damage for which the church may be liable.
WHAT COVERAGE IS TYPICALLY AVAILABLE ON A FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE POLICY?WHAT OTHER COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE ON A FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE POLICY?
- Medical payments. This covers medical expenses for any minor injury that may occur on the premises.
- Pastoral liability which protects the professional integrity of pastors that counsel others.
- Sexual abuse and misconduct which protects against allegations of misconduct by the church.
- Directors and officers of the church also need protection. Directors and officers can be covered as part of a package church insurance policy.
HOW DO I SAVE MONEY ON MY FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE?
- If you want the best price and best coverage for your Florida church insurance, the best thing to do is shop around. We represent the top Florida church insurance carriers. GET A FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE QUOTE NOW!
- Deductible. Increasing the deductible on your Florida church lowers your insurance premium and lowering your deductible increases it. Consider how much you are willing to pay out of pocket before you would file a claim. Then consider how much this will save you on your premium.
- Territory. The location of the church and the distance to fire hydrants and the fire department will make a difference in your premium.
- Construction type. Whether your church is concrete block or frame construction makes a difference in the rating.
- Year of construction. More carriers have appetites for newer construction churches built after 2005. This could really help your insurance premiums.
- Alarm. If you have a monitored alarm makes a difference in the premium and whether a company will offer theft coverage or not.
MORE FLORIDA CHURCH INSURANCE INFORMATION
Churches have many risks that traditional insurance policies do not address. In order to be sure your church is getting the proper insurance coverage, it is best to work with a Florida company that specializes in this type of insurance.
If someone is injured (ie. slip and fall), the liability will respond to protect the church’s interest. Additionally, a church needs insurance to protect against unseen liabilities. For example, a church insurance company will typically add coverage for sexual abuse and misconduct. It is important to make sure this option is available on your insurance policy. Another example would be pastoral liability which protects the church’s liability in the event someone in injured because of advice they received from a church pastor.
As I mentioned, a church can find themselves in situations that most commercial businesses do not. Therefore it is important to review your policy with an experienced agent that can advise you on the coverage that would best suit your needs. Be sure to review the amount of coverage you have on your building/s as it is important to insure them for replacement cost including the debris removal. Insure the belongings inside the church at a value that will replace all of the items in the event of a total loss.
You also need to disclose any additional activities the church may be involved in, such as daycare operations, transportation that the church offers, any off-premises events or fundraising that the church may be involved in, as well as any outside events or organizations the church may rent their facilities to. All of these factors may not be covered unless they are disclosed to the insurance company upfront.
Lastly, it is also important to cover any board members, directors, and officers of the church. This body is relied upon to make decisions for the church and could be held liable for any unforeseen shortcomings. With a Director’s and Officer’s policy and proper bonding, the financial integrity of the church can also be protected.
Statewide Insurance has recently updated policy offerings to include Florida Church Insurance. By partnering with the top Florida Church Insurance companies, Statewide Insurance can offer a one-stop resource that will allow you to receive competitive quotes from the best companies available. There is a simple request form that, once completed, will allow carriers to compete for your business.